Is a wrap around extension allowed under Permitted Development?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again

Yet another PD question! I know I can extend back and to the side but can I extend to the side and beyond so as to do a wrap around under Permitted Development rules. See option C in my diagram.

The total width across the back will not exceed 50% of original house width even though my sketch looks like it does.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Is this PD.png
    Is this PD.png
    310.6 KB · Views: 518
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
...assuming the overall width of the extension at the rear is more than half the width of the original house (which is almost inevitable)

So if my house is 16 metres wide and I add 4 metres to the side and go out the rear by 4 metres beyond the back of the house I can then wrap around the back of the existing house by a further 4 metres. Thus giving me 8 metres wide and 50% of original width extension across the back?

I can't find any definitive proof in the guidance and there are a lot of websites saying wraparound's are not covered by PD.

Sponsored Links
I assume your house is detached? If so, then what you propose would be permitted development.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back