Is Dulux Weathershield the one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have the outside of the house to paint consisting of pebble dashed render and a very small amount of timber.

Having done some research I was looking and Dulux Weathershield or sandtex masonry/exteriror timber paint

Is either one better than the other and are there better products out there. Cost is not really a factor on this one, i just want the right product.

I am a big fan of Dulux trade products generally so have confidence in the brand but have never used their products externally.

Sponsored Links
Don't paint masonry onto wood.

I did a gate in masonry (sigh) as I had loads left over, within a year it's gone very thin, matt and will need repainting this year before winter.

I painted my dashing in Johnstone's masonry and it's covered well, I did paint it all sandtext white first (slightly watered down), as I got it cheap, and I didn't bother with stabiliser, two years down the road, it still looks good, no dirty patches.

I used their eggshell (water based) for outside doors, and they look like new.

Dulux I'm guessing will be the same.

Sorry i didnt mean paint the woodwork with the masonry paint. Not sure what i was thinking when i wrote that. Masonry for the pebledash and timber for the woodwork

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back