Is Enforcement of Restrictive Covenants Common?

Great tip cjard - the registry entry for the neighbouring property states...

'C: Charges Register
This register contains any charges and other matters
that affect the land.
1 A Transfer of the land in this title dated 22 August 1968 made between
(1) xyz Limited and (2) Jo Bloggs and Jane Bloggs contains restrictive covenants.'

This downloaded LR copy of register of title is pretty much identical to the one I have a hard copy of for the prospective purchase. Neither LR doc details what the covenants are - it's the original paper deed (photocopy) that describes the restrictive covenant 'no building within 15 feet of the plot boundary'.

So I'm now armed with the knowledge that the neighbours plot has restrictive covenants on it, but I don't know what those restrictive covenants are - even though it's likely that I might well be a beneficiary of said restrictive covenants if I become their neighbour!
There's a form you can send in, with £11 (charge last time I did it), to get a copy of a paper document. Much the same applies with my partner's house - it's an ex-council house built in the 60's and the title doc only states that covenants exist - referring to the conveyance document from when it was sold. Sent the form in, and got a copy of the full document - from when it was bought by the then tenant under the "right to buy" scheme.

<shuffles off for quick look>
Ah, here we are, Form OC2.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back