Is Felt Adhesive Enough, Or Do I Need Nails Too?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a couple of quick questions for the experts. I want to re-roof my small shed. It's a flat roof with a slight slope. It will need two strips of felt across it with a slight overlap. Is felt adhesive good enough to hold down the felt, or do I need clout nails along the overlap too?

And as it's cold this time of year and felt will be stiff, can I use my blow torch on felt to warm it a bit to help make the corner folds, etc? It's not actually torch-on felt, just the normal stuff.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
can I use my blow torch on felt to warm it a bit to help make the corner folds, etc? It's not actually torch-on felt, just the normal stuff
Yes but don't heat it too much. BTW I once torched an overlay onto a roof for a cheapskate guy - the green mineral was type 1E, ie not torch on stuff. It worked ok but, again, I had to be careful not to heat too much.

Sponsored Links
I'd nail the sheet under the lap, and the eave and verges if there is no timber piece to secure those.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back