Is general election imminent: looks like govt will give tax cut in budget then announce Election soon after

OK as you seem afraid to post it here you are plus of course a more responsible response.
View attachment 335233
Let’s have a look at the facts

The facts show Gordon Brown led the way internationally to save the banking system from collapse

GBi2NyuXQAAKenw

Sponsored Links
Remind me again what note the last Labour administration left in the Chancellors office for the incoming Tory Government.

Are you that dumb.

Leaving the Treasury after Labour’s victory in the 1964 election, the outgoing Tory chancellor Reginald Maudling wrote a note for his replacement, Jim Callaghan, or possibly (accounts vary) spoke to him in person: “Good luck, old cock, sorry to leave it in such a mess.”

It's just an ongoing joke to the new administraton not a statement of fact.

How dumb are you?

If there was no money left then how is it the debt is even bigger? Why haven't the Tories reduced national debt?

Global financial crisis my arse.

If the UK hadn’t been exceeding spending by so much before this event, the cuts and tax hikes would have been much less. Over spend was £155 billion if my memory serves me correctly

So you would rather that the current lot hadn’t supported the economy and employment during Covid and nearly all of us when the fuel costs rocketed?

You can’t have it both ways

Grow the economy. The US is deficit spending.

The idea that cutting taxes will supercharge this economy is just lies.

You need to grow the economy. That is the key point.

The usual suspects are a little 'triggered' this morning.

Remind me who sold the gold then?

Sponsored Links
There is also a need to measure the performance in a certain way. Headline GDP as the worst way of doing it. A number of headline aspects have flaws in them.

Gordon Brown.
and then Labour did this...

The March 2000 Budget settlement means that the NHS will grow by one half in cash terms and by one third in real terms in just five years. More money will fund extra investment in NHS facilities…

bsuh.nhs.org (pdf)

What are the figures involved. Do you even know - or you think that sale would cover the current budget deficit. Do you even know what the current budget deficit is?

You are thick as mince. So come on put the figures down.

You’re wasted on here - you should be a special advisor to the treasury. Are they aware of your credentials? Go on then, tell us you would grow the economy.

Andy you are playing whataboutery

When are you going to admit this is true:

Andy, Labour had to spend money as a result of the global financial crisis

If you want to claim that was Labours fault, then you have to also say the massive borrowing as a result of covid was the fault of the Tories.

Of course they did Notch every government had to.

Its the left playbook that I find enlightening.

Blame Thatcher
All who disagree are right wing scum
all tories are corrupt (some are but do you really think the Labour MP are going to be whiter than white?)
Blame Thatcher again
Don't mention Tony Blair
Its Brexit
Don't mention Corbyn
Anti-Semitism - non here to see

You’re wasted on here - you should be a special advisor to the treasury. Are they aware of your credentials? Go on then, tell us you would grow the economy.

Do a search on here as I have answerd that point countless times.

But even better why don't you tell me what the Government should do. Go on - you deify them.

Of course they did Notch every government had to.

Its the left playbook that I find enlightening.

Blame Thatcher
All who disagree are right wing scum
all tories are corrupt (some are but do you really think the Labour MP are going to be whiter than white?)
Blame Thatcher again
Don't mention Tony Blair
Its Brexit
Don't mention Corbyn
Anti-Semitism - non here to see

You have a febrile mind.

So tell me what should be done.

Sponsored Links
Back