Is general election imminent: looks like govt will give tax cut in budget then announce Election soon after

If the UK hadn’t been exceeding spending by so much before this event
It didn’t

So that’s your argument in the bin

debt-gdp-feb-24.jpg.webp

So you would rather that the current lot hadn’t supported the economy and employment during Covid and nearly all of us when the fuel costs rocketed?

You can’t have it both ways
So you would’ve preferred Gordon Brown to let banks collapse and the economy collapse

You should listen to yourself: “you can’t have it both ways”

Pick one of these:

1) Labour wasn’t to blame for GFC and Tory not to blame for global pandemic

Or

2) Labour to blame for GFC and Tory to blame for global pandemic.

Come on pick one

Sponsored Links
No it’s a fact - your assumption and forecasts are based on guess work. Let’s see the content of the note or are you to afraid to share it.
It is fact Labour spent money to stop banks and thus economy collapsing as a result of a global financial crisis

Or don’t you like facts??

OK as you seem afraid to post it here you are plus of course a more responsible response.
View attachment 335233
Andy, Labour had to spend money as a result of the global financial crisis

If you want to claim that was Labours fault, then you have to also say the massive borrowing as a result of covid was the fault of the Tories.

Sponsored Links
It didn’t

So that’s your argument in the bin

debt-gdp-feb-24.jpg.webp

So you would’ve preferred Gordon Brown to let banks collapse and the economy collapse

So you agree that PSB rose under Labour.

Glad we agree on that because that graph confirms what I stated

I am quite old enough to remember just how inept the Labour governments were and still will be.
you don’t know much about facts then

Research shows Labour and Conservative are about the same on running the economy

Also the Labour period 1997 to 2010 was far better than the period 2010 to 2024

But you aren’t interested in facts

So you agree that PSB rose under Labour.

Glad we agree on that because that graph confirms what I stated

It proves the exact opposite.

You said global financial crisis was a result of Labour spending to much

Have a look at 1997 to 2007 - ie pre financial crash. Labour spending was low

Disproves what you claim

Your uninformed political tribalism is making yo7 believe stuff that’s not true

Also the Labour period 1997 to 2010 was far better than the period 2010 to 2024

Well you’re not comparing apples with apples. ‘96 to ‘07 the world economy was growing through excessive lending and borrowing . Post 2007 things changes and rules for lending were tightened a lot.

If you want an interesting comment from observers - the austerity crunch was too sever and had an effect that was quicker than it needed to be.

A 2ndry effect is not paying enough tax and not increasing levels when that is needed. No one is likely to get elected on the basis of increasing them. Instead one way or the other they are increased

Now we have a council austerity plan. It's not sustainable. Don't pay sufficient levels of tax - sustainable????

I heard a rumour that Labour are going to give all holders of Premium bonds with the maximum holding of £50 k a 20% hair cut
There has been an idea around concerning negative interest rates, So some one borrows money and then receives interest payments based on the rate - note receives not pays.

So you have savings - you pay tax on them rather than getting interest added etc. The idea is to get them used for something useful. LOL Might work on hedge funds but that is probably impossible.

I don't think any serious politician is considering it as an option.

There's the small matter of getting interest rates down to zero, first..
There are longer term forecasts that suggest they wont go below 4%

Tax cut to come this week - a few p of NI seems to be a favourite with some pundits.

I heard a rumour that Labour are going to give all holders of Premium bonds with the maximum holding of £50 k a 20% hair cut
Murdochat continuously ignores the fact the Tories since 2019 have put policies in place to increase taxes by £80b

Murdochat continuously ignores the fact Tax is now the highest since since WW2

Murdochat doesn’t like to admit what wrong with his team, so he screams “oh look it’s going to be worse under Labour”

Follow the facts and don’t be like Murdochat

People who hold PBs understand that so that’s not an issue
People whose personal tax allowance has been frozen since 2021 will understand Tories stealth taxes have increased taxation by £80b

Murdochat screams “oh look over there, Labour might be worse”

Sponsored Links
Back