Is having a window in a shower/bath area ok if tiled?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it ok to have a window. pvc and frosted in the showering area above a bath. If its fully tiled? I plan on taking the bath out and putting a new bath in with a bath/shower mixer tap. View media item 82646
That is the area as it stands now.

Sponsored Links
It is fine to have a window in a shower area. I would suggest that the window board or tiles on window board area, are slightly sloped so the fall is inwards. This will then allow any excess water to fall in to bath basin rather than try find it's way down your wall/cavity.

Thanks so if I replace the bath and have a shower above it as long as I tile the window with a slope on the sill to allow any water to fall back in to the bath all should be fine?

Sponsored Links
And I am guessing when tilling above the window and the underside of the window reveal its best of to use fast setting tile adhesive?

You don't really need rapid set adhesive, but a non slip one for above and underside of reveals would be helpful.

Thanks so when tiling the top of the window is the best way of doing this putting a batten across it until the adhesive goes off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back