Is it fair to share

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When travelling from Hong Kong to Kathmandu via Bangladesh I had a stop over for two nights in a Dhaka hotel.

If memory serves me right there was 5 Americans 1 Canadian two English and a Korean Buddhist monk.
There was a few other nationalities at the hotel once we arrived

We were all told to share in couples regardless of if we knew each other or not. No one objected.

Was that fair I ask?

BBC News - Fair for asylum seekers to share hotel rooms, says Robert Jenrick

Sponsored Links
When travelling from Hong Kong to Kathmandu via Bangladesh I had a stop over for two nights in a Dhaka hotel.

If memory serves me right there was 5 Americans 1 Canadian two English and a Korean Buddhist monk.
There was a few other nationalities at the hotel once we arrived

We were all told to share in couples regardless of if we knew each other or not. No one objected.

Was that fair I ask?

BBC News - Fair for asylum seekers to share hotel rooms, says Robert Jenrick
How many years did you stay in your Bangladeshi hotel room again?

If it's a hotel, you're paying, so you have a choice.

Asylum seekers, yes sharing sounds reasonable given our shortage of buildings.
Real problems are inadequate provision and sloth in processing.

Germany is amongst other things converting their people's sports halls, where at least 2 people share a room.

Sponsored Links
Totally depends on the people, the room, and the length of time.

Get the process quickened up and remove those that don't qualify instead of trying to punish .

It's been a problem that's been building for long enough to actually have a plan in operation, not just emotive statements.

Was the trip an organised package deal for which you paid an all in one price for travel, accommodation and meals. ?

In many of these deals the small print states that the price person is based on two sharing a room.

If it's a hotel, you're paying, so you have a choice.

When I was sold the Flight I was not told until at the hotel reception thst we would have to share.

However we did have a choice as to have a comfy bed or spend the nights out on the streets of Dhaka.

Surprisingly not we chose the comfy beds and safety.

Last edited:
Was the trip an organised package deal for which you paid an all in one price for travel, accommodation and meals. ?

In many of these deals the small print states that the price person is based on two sharing a room.

It was that. Never bothered reading the small print as it was not a problem sharing. The odd one got a room to himself but that's bye d bye.

Totally depends on the people, the room, and the length of time.

Get the process quickened up and remove those that don't qualify instead of trying to punish .

It's been a problem that's been building for long enough to actually have a plan in operation, not just emotive statements.

I've worked in property's that have ten to a dozen foreign workers sharing beds and shifts. One in one out. They do thst because it's cheaper because they have to pay for their accommodation.

I've worked in property's that have ten to a dozen foreign workers sharing beds and shifts. One in one out. They do thst because it's cheaper because they have to pay for their accommodation.
It doesn't make it right though.

Accommodation is the biggest cost factor that affects us all, including prices in shops.

Sponsored Links
Back