Is it fair to share

Sponsored Links
It doesn't make it right though.

Accommodation is the biggest cost factor that affects us all, including prices in shops.

OK let's put it this way. Asylum seekers get given a budget and a list of accommodation.

Prices vary from single rooms at a higher rate or shared rooms at a lower rate.

What would they choose.

This is pretty much the choice I had when travelling Asia and Australia apart from it was my money I was spending.

..with the bargain basement 'doss' option, no doubt.
Bare in mind Bangladesh is a Muslim country it was not the basement but the top of the building. It did however have that feel of secrecy and as if it was a bit naughty.

Sponsored Links
OK let's put it this way. Asylum seekers get given a budget and a list of accommodation.

Prices vary from single rooms at a higher rate or shared rooms at a lower rate.

What would they choose.

This is pretty much the choice I had when travelling Asia and Australia apart from it was my money I was spending.
Do you not think it would be better to process them quicker, and reduce the actual need, and expense, rather than listen to emotive comments from the people responsible for the problems?

You are arguing (defending) the increasing costs, rather than them decreasing because of better control systems.

My original comment stands, depends on the people, the room and the time involved. How long would any person be expected to share? A day or 2, a few days, a few weeks, months, years?

Do you think I wouldn't have been?
If you were claiming asylum you would make yourself known to the authorities, who have a responsibility to you. Whether your claim was genuine or not is a different thing.

Do you not think it would be better to process them quicker, and reduce the actual need, and expense, rather than listen to emotive comments from the people responsible for the problems?

Agreed

My original comment stands, depends on the people, the room and the time involved. How long would any person be expected to share? A day or 2, a few days, a few weeks, months, years?

When back packing and settled in a shared room I would often come home from work to discover a new room mate good or bad.

I never had a choice. It was the nature of the beast.

Millions of back-packers share dorms the world over. It's all part of the fun. I don't see the connection with assylum seekers. You back pack or travel at your own risk and choose your accommodation based upon your budget.
I think it's a fair request that some assylum seekers share, as long as it's feasible. Might create other headaches though.

Sponsored Links
Back