Is it possible/allowable to move an existing boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my first post so apologies for any infringement.

I would like to move my existing Potterton MF boiler (5 years old) and cylinder, from my utility room into my kitchen, about ten feet. I would also like the heating and hot water separated with a motorised valve. Also a room thermostat added.

First question:

I have had three Corgi registered quotes, two said that the work could be done. The third said that current regs state that I must put in a new condensing boiler and a new cylinder. What exactly do I have to do to conform to current regs?

Second question:

One quote (one of the ones that said it was possible) was £2300. I think that materials would come to no more than £400: Motorise valve, room thermostat, tank thermostat, pipework, possible new flue and consumables. £1900 sounds like a lot of labour to me. Obviously this is a difficult question to answer without seeing the job but if it was possible what would be a reasonable sum? If you can’t answer that with a ballpark figure, what would the day rate for a Corgi plumber be?

Thanks in advance

AL

Sponsored Links
You can move your existing boiler, as long as its new position meets installation regs ie flue position etc.

I personally wouldn't take on a job like this, as moving an old boiler olways brings unexpected problems.

As you say we cannot see the job to know whats involved, so woudn't know if it is 3,4,5 days etc to carry it out. I charge £300 + VAT per day (local), but no doubt surrey prices will be more :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back