Is it possible to buy a quiet shower pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace a failed shower pump. Can anyone recommend a relatively quiet pump (if such a thing exists), as the one we had (Aqualiser) was extremely noisy. It did have rubber feet, but these didn't seem to limit the noise very well.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It's difficult to say what is "quiet". Quiet for one person might be noisy for abnother. The dBA figures that get quoted for pumps are of little help.

I have just installed a 2 bar salamander pump. I consider it to be quiet. It's in the next room behind a stud partition wall and the noise of the water hitting the shower tray just about drowns it out.

It has foam rubber feet and I've put it on top of a concrete block.

To be honest though, the installation of the original shower pump isn't brilliant, with it being mounted on a thin wooden base stuck into a corner of the airing cupboard halfway up the wall. I think this contributes a lot to the vibration noise, which is very audible.

I'm wondering if I can get away without the pump at all. At the moment, I suspect the water flow is being impeded by the faulty pump, and the flow is not good enough for a decent shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back