Is it possible to make my shower hotter??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello :)

We got a new shower installed last year (Mira Miniluxe) and since then the temperature has never been hot enough for me esp in the winter.

http://www.mirashowers-mobile.co.uk/products/mira-miniluxe-diverter-erd.aspx

Is it possible to turn the heat up?

We had a new boiler (combi) installed in November but this
made no difference.

The temperature of the water from the taps is scalding.

Thanks for any advice...I keep moaning to OH but it's not getting me anywhere :)

Sponsored Links
Check the inlet filters are clear of debris. The shower's max temperature can be adjusted by following the commissioning instructions in the manual, which is widely available online. And simple to do. Your installer should have checked the max temperature when it was put in.

Try resetting the max temp setting.
This done by adjusting the temp lever at the bottom.

Should all be in the instruction manual.

Thanks guys I'll have a look for the manual.

The level on the bottom is tuned to maximum and even when the flow is turned down or the smaller shower head is used, it makes no difference

Nope he definately didn't check with us when installing.

Sponsored Links
The level on the bottom is tuned to maximum

You turn the lever to max temp then remove the lever by removing the cap under the lever and there is a screw and turn the lever back slightly and refit lever, Then turn lever to max again and check the temp.

Depends on type of shower. If Mira electric showers Take the front cover of the shower off. On the inside on the cover, or on the circuit board, you may see something like that looks like a tiny clock, with a small slot to get a screwdriver into. Turn this clockwise to turn up the shower temp.

On termostatic showers, you wont have this option so its usually a case of adjusting temp on boiler.

Front cover??
Circuit board??

:rolleyes:

you dont seem too pleased? I suppose you advise customers to buy an expensive new shower, charge them through the roof to fit it, when their previous shower could have been adjusted to give hotter water, tsk tsk! you naughty boy :p

Push fit Naz is back! :LOL: :LOL:

Where you being Naz,? Did you get early release?

Andy

been very busy, working pretty much 7 days week, long 12 hour days as getting bombarded with work for the past 12 months! On top of this studying for the gas safe qual.

Take the front cover of the shower off. On the inside on the cover, or on the circuit board, you may see something like that looks like a tiny clock, with a small slot to get a screwdriver into. Turn this clockwise to turn up the shower temp.

FFS. IronNaz is back.

And as usual, he doesn't have a fricking clue! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Circuit board in a bar mixer. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

been very busy, working pretty much 7 days week, long 12 hour days as getting bombarded with work for the past 12 months! On top of this studying for the gas safe qual.
Try concentrating on that then, instead of giving half-arsed information on here.

The OP has a SHOWER MIXER not an ELECTRIC SHOWER.

I hope you're better at absorbing the information regarding your Gas Safe studies. :rolleyes:

Last edited by IronNaz on Tue 26 Feb, 2013 17:35, edited 2 times in total
2 edits means it took you 3 goes to get it right. Must try harder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back