Is it safe to drive with the coolant light on if the temperature gauge is in the safety zone ?

Clips of the devil, those things especially when they rust through.....anyway, it didn’t back off on its own!
Do keep an eye on the coolant level for the next few weeks, and don’t forget the antifreeze will be well diluted by now.
John :)

Thank you so much in advance for your help throughout. Those clips are a real pain I really dislike them they can be so awkward. I suppose if I had thicker pliers so they didn't keep slipping off the clip it would have been easier.
I will keep a check on the coolant for a while, all seems great with it atm, these doesn't seem to be any abnormal pressuring in the system so I'm very happy it all seems fine now but will continue to monitor it.

Sponsored Links
As I mentioned a few pages ago, you could've saved a lot of time and water by using a pressure kit to find the leak in 30 seconds.
But I suppose it would've not been as dramatic...
Now, in a normal car you would need to replace water with a coolant solution of a correct ratio, but given the circumstances, better to leave it...

The problem started about 2 or 3 days ago I was on the lookout for a garage after a few more checks of my own.
Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Clips of the devil, those things especially when they rust through.....anyway, it didn’t back off on its own!
Do keep an eye on the coolant level for the next few weeks, and don’t forget the antifreeze will be well diluted by now.
John :)
I use a pair of these on those clips - much easier, even if you can only just get your hand to them.

B805F23C-76C4-4AA7-B7B4-E6C16EABD4A2.jpeg

Back