Is it safe too????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could I trouble anybody to answer 2 questions for me:

I have just replaced a celing rose fitting with a rail of 4 spotlights.

1.Due to the fact that the wires left from the ceiling are very short and I can't fix them into the new connector inside the new spots because it is in a box like cover which fits flush with the ceiling. is safe to unscrew the flex connector which is attached inside a box/cover on the spotlight rail, attach the wiring correctly, then just leave the flex connector loose inside the box/cover?

2.The rail is 4 x 40watt and says it's dimmerable, can anyone recommend which dimmerswitch I should get (only needs to be white)

Sponsored Links
You can easily connect your lamps without any fuss, if you use a ceiling rose like you would use with a pendant lamp, on the eiling in the old position, with a short piece of 3-core flex going into the spotlight bar.

With a white rose on a white ceiling, it won't be obtrusive and will cover the old hole well. Also you won't have to struggle with short cable ends.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back