Is it worth replacing copper pipe because it's got Imperial sizes?

T

teaboyjim

I've removed all of the water pipes from a house I'm refurbishing because they were lead. The current system has "microbore" sized pipes in the rooms. Is the Imperial size a reason to get rid of the existing copper pipe ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
So if my system has got microbore sized pipe would that be an indicator that the system is metric?

Sponsored Links
Probably unless the microbore was an add on to an existing system, what make and model is/was the boiler ?
The boiler is about 10 years old and it's a Baxi I'll have to get the model number

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ian, The boiler is about 10 years old and it's a Baxi, I'll have to get the model number again.[/QUOTE
if you have microbore you will have manifolds can you post a pic of one ? I doubt you have imperial pipe, but even if you do it is not a big deal

If you're replacing rads its worth oversizing them to run at low temperatures to have maximum efficiency from the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back