Is It Wrong???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few chums are due round 'ere shortly as it's my turn to host our weekly meeting of the Rogue's Vagabonds & Ne'er Do Weller's MCC.

Is it wrong to decant 1l of Bells whisky into an empty bottle of Laphroaig 10yr single malt?

Sponsored Links
At the beginning of the evening it is wrong and detectable deceit

Towards the end of the evening no-one would know the difference
I'm not sure they would know whisky enuff to be able to detect the difference, even when sober.

Should I start with a few drams of genuine Laphroaig, just to lighten the mood?

Sponsored Links
I used to have a boss who was Scottish. When he had a dinner party the guests would 'receive', (if they wanted it), a glass of good quality single malt straight from the bottle. In actual fact they were getting a blended whisky and never knew the difference except for a fellow magistrate who did know the difference and was given the genuine single malt. His dinner parties were always enjoyed, and well attended, because he was 'so generous with his single malts'.

Laphroaig is bloody good. I'd know it wasn't the real thing!

And I haven't had it for at least a decade!

If they can’t tell the difference choose different mates.

Laphroaig is bloody good. I'd know it wasn't the real thing!

And I haven't had it for at least a decade!

Yes, it doesn't taste like any other whiskies; so, if you'd had it before you'd know you were being cheated.

I like a drop of Laphroaig.
A29D7227-E277-4ACA-9F31-A5911C93EA71.jpeg

I can't imagine that anyone who'd had whisky more that half a dozen times, wouldn't know the difference immediately.

Leapfrog(sp) is good for a change, we always have a bottle on, though I've not tried those posh ones.

Fave is probably an old Aberlour or Dalwhinnie cask strength- very smooth, and they come to life with a dot of soft water.

Bourbon on the rocks can be nice too, though very much not the same !

Pointless exercise overall. 5x bottles demolished, gone forever & lost to this world.

Men don't gossip but much BS was discussed.

& 3 of 'em are still here . . . .

Sponsored Links
Back