is jim davidson funny

Sponsored Links
Funny.... NO!
Racist.... Don't know.
Sexist.... Don't know.

Would the title question not have sufficed?

just being listen to radio 2 about him, just though i see what you guys think ;)

Sponsored Links
I can't stand the man, but some love him.

Lee Evans is more my taste, just a shame he doesn't seem to change his act much from tour to tour.

Actually I rescind my previous comment. I've just watched an interview with Jim and Piers Morgan on BBC iPlayer:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00djm75/

He was/is quite funny. As for my opinion of whether he is a Racist and/or a Sexist, he himself said that he is a Sexist. As for a racist, I'm still not convinced he is (as some would want us to believe). Yes he had a 'black character' (Chalky) back in his 'hay day' that he used. With that character Jim portrayed very specific aspects of Afro Caribbean traits. Some may find a white man portraying traits of an Afro Caribbean man somewhat demeaning these days but back then, that character was loved by millions, black and white alike. The world has moved on and those sorts of portrayal are no longer accepted in a society were they were once main stream. Yeah he's been a B***ard to his family and he's played the game but that's got nothing to do with you or me.
I liked the interview. Piers can be a pompous sod. I know, I worked for Trinity Mirror!!! But he is also a very intelligent guy and he questioned Jim Davidson well.

I never thought I'd be saying this but... I enjoyed watching Piers and Jim on the Telly, at the same time!!! :eek: :)

Jim Davidson when on form I find hilarious, Racist ? he used to tell some dodgy jokes and have some ethnic characters in his gags but so did a lot of comedians back in the day.

What about series such as "Love thy neighbour" and Alf Garnett in "Till Death Us Do Part" you wouldn't get away with anything like that now.

I saw Jim Davidson about 15 years ago (maybe longer) when he toured with Richard Digence.

The show was fantastic but 2 things made it memorable.

1. Loads of people walked out in disgust at some of his jokes despite him having taken out an ad in the local press for weeks beforehand warning people not to come if they are easily offended (****s).

and

2. Halfway through Richard Digence's spot a man in the centre of the front row fell out of his seat, did a forward roll and ended up propped up against the stage upside down. RD was calling for a doctor and everyone thought it was hilarious until we all realised that the man wasn't part of the act and had in fact had a heart attack. Shouldn't laugh I know but it was genuinely funny at the time and the memory of it still makes me smile :LOL:

RD couldn't go on and cut his spot in half. WTF happened to the show must go on :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back