Is my Honeywell CMT921 thermostat broken??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

My honeywell CMT921 has been showing Room Temperature as 38 degrees since the weekend. Its very odd, just suddenly happened on Saturday at some point. I went to check why the heating wasn't on and saw the room temperature showing as 40 degrees! Its definitely not 40 degrees, and clearly the room temperature will never reach 41 to actually trigger the heating to come on as its about 8 degrees outside!

Has anyone else come across this?

I have tried taking the batteries out and leaving it overnight. It still showed 38 degrees when I switched it back on. I have also tried testing the honeywell with the relay to check its working. The relay and boiler are working fine as we have hot water and can manually switch on the heating with the relay but this is not ideal.

Any help would be much appreciated as it is cold outside! :)

Why do these things always happen just before Christmas...

Sponsored Links
its just been on our side table - not near a radiator nor direct heat.

So I suppose I just buy a new one and install it. Does anyone know if I'll need to reinstall the relay box?

You will need to link it to the receiver, instructions will come with the new one, fairly straight forward, but long winded to type.

Sponsored Links
actually my last try before I give up and part with £180 for a new one.... is there a reset button on these gadgets?? I can't find on anywhere and not one behind the batteries either...

If anyone knows please let me know!

Thanks for your help.

Ok I have had some progress (I think) - on the digital screen, it is now showing 'INTERNAL ERROR' with a picture of a spanner flashing.

Any ideas??

£180?
it is what it is
try getting an engineer to do it as it might be cheaper, i only pay around £100 for a cm 921
he will also rebind it correctly

Why is it money down the drain to have a working thermostat, do you object to being comfortable?

thanks for your helpful response engineerman :)

I will speak to my local guy!

Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back