is my hot water cylinder big enough?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Please can anyone offer me some sound advice?!! I am about to have my bathroom redone and have bought a thermostatic shower valve. I have a 3ft hot water cylinder in the attic and an odd system of 2 cold water tanks, 1 which fills from the mains and then supplies bathroom and then the other takes its supply from the first one and supplies the hot water cylinder - I think! I had planned to use a shower pump to increase the pressure as it is currently not adequate. I am concerned about whether or not there will be enough hot water in the 3ft cylinder to provide 2 or 3 consecutive showers? One plumber has suggested switching to an unvented pressurised system and therefore no pump is required but I don't know much about this except that it would be fairly expensive to do. Any advice would be great as I am getting shoved from pillar to post by loads of plumbers. Thanks E[/b]

Sponsored Links
Hi I doubt very much that your cylinder will be big enough to cope with 3 showers.

But it all depends on the water output of the pump and how long you spend in the shower.

An unvented system is good advice but expensive, or can you fit a larger conventional tank?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back