Hot water system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just completed the structural building phase of a large extension to my house. I am having some sort of high tech warm air ducted heating only system installed to the extension. However, this leaves me with the problem of hot water delivery to two new en-suite bathrooms with showers. I don't want another boiler. Does anyone have advice on the best solution. I've heard of pressurised High efficiency cylinders with a pumped hot water supply with a return circuit. Does anyone have any advice? The other bathroom (existing house) is served by a conventional gas boiler and cylinder and I don't want to change that. The cylinder will be in the downstairs utility room. The bathrooms are adjacent to each other on the 1st floor. The baths are large and each bathroom has a separate shower which I want thermostatic showers in. My builder has suggested a 300 litre cylinder for performance at a cost of £1350 + vat (supply only). Any views ?

Sponsored Links
Highly unlikely if installed and maintained correctly though ... Just to add a little balance to Balenza's scaremongering :LOL:

Sponsored Links
dontknowwhatiwant said:
My builder has suggested a 300 litre cylinder for performance at a cost of £1350 + vat (supply only). Any views ?

I think you could order one yourself for about 30% less even if it was a Megaflow!

Usual cost for fitting about £400-800 if not too far from the heating and bathrooms.

tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back