Is my plan ok?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am just about to embark on a plan which involves a new alarm, some cctv, and some garden lighting. I am leaving the alarm to the pro’s, but obviously can have a say in what we put in. I’m just wondering if my plan sounds about right, so here it is...

I am planning to do a Texecom Premier Elite alarm, on the basis that at some point they are releasing some Zwave functionality for it. There are no real details as yet, but given I am looking for a well known and robust solution, this seems to be sensible to me.

CCTV will be another standalone system with an NVR, probably Hikvision, but I can link it into the alarm app as they will be IP cameras.

Now what I am thinking is to take these two separate systems and use their ‘alarm outs’ on the panels and connect them to a universal Z wave sensor (ie on/off), and use that to triggers the garden lighting via a Z-wave controller such as hometroller perhaps. The reason is I am trying to achieve a scenario where the lights come on at dusk, then gradually dim down overnight, but can kick in to full brightness for say 15 mins if they get a signal from the alarm/cctv, before going back to the schedule.

From what Ive read that looks like the best way to achieve it, unless anyone has any input? At the moment the only ‘smart tech’ int he house is three Honeywell T6’s for the heating zones.

THanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back