is new valve siezed/blocked..?

S

snadge

I recently installed a vertical radiator in the upstairs bedroom, we used new valves on both sides, it was the type of radiator that required the inlet pipe on side opposite the bleed valve, anyway, it was only 6 weeks ago or there-abouts when i installed it and I went to turn it on the other day (after it had been off for a while) and I have noticed that the valve on the inlet pipe only turns half a turn.. it was OFF and now it turns half a turn towards the ON position (or fully open rather) - the valve did turn about 5 or 6 full turns previously and the one on opposite side is fine.

what could this be?

we also have a problem with tiny amounts of air getting into the system (at a leaky outlet union under the boiler) and the air is going up to the top of that rad and we have to bleed the air out every 4 or 5 days otherwise only left half the rad heats up - I dunno if this is related but thought I would mention it, we are waiting to get that sorted.

thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back