Is Racial Abuse Always Unacceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
France
That's a big fat 'YES' from me.

Racial abuse is always unacceptable. There is never an excuse for it to be acceptable.

Take this example:

The irish life minimum mandatory sentence for killing a Garda is 40 years.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/cri...ith-murder-of-det-garda-colm-horkan-1.4283852
Thats what those 3 gypo's should be receiving.
Would wipe the smirk off their faces.

Racial abuse is illegal. Therefore anyone resorting to its use illustrates several things:
a) their vocabulary restricts their ability to express their feelings adequately and they feel the need to resort to racial abuse.
b) they demonstrate that they are fully prepared and willing to resort to racial abuse whenever they feel the need.
c) their willingness to disregard a law, as and when it suites them, puts them on the same level as other criminals.

Before anyone accuses me of considering murder or manslaughter as comparable to racial abuse, let me forestall you; don't be ridiculous, I am not making any such comparison nor would I. Simply, anyone who decides to pick and choose which law applies to them, and which do not, is on the same level.

Finally, if anyone wants to dispute whether racial abuse is illegal, I refer you to this explanation:
Racist and religious hate crime
Something is a racist or religious hate incident if the victim or anyone else thinks it was carried out because of hostility or prejudice based on race or religion.

This means that if you believe something is a hate incident, it should be recorded as such by the person you are reporting it to.

What does racial or religious group mean?

A racial group means a group of people who are defined by reference to their race, colour, nationality or ethnic or national origin. This includes:
  • Gypsies and Travellers
  • refugees and asylum seekers
  • Jews and Sikhs
What type of incidents can be a racist or religious hate incident?
Racist or religious hate incidents can take many forms including:

• verbal and physical abuse
  • bullying
  • threatening behaviour
  • online abuse
  • damage to property.
It can be a one-off incident or part of an ongoing campaign of harassment or intimidation.​

Hate incidents are not only carried out by strangers. It could be carried out by a carer, a neighbour, a teacher or someone you consider a friend.​

Sponsored Links
I think the answer is obvious.

Although should people from different races have an argument which is not to do with race, I dunno maybe 2 guys in a bar one gets a drink knocked out of hand, then they start having an argument..

What are the rules of engagement, when both sides want to get one upon each other, chances are in that instance racial abuse from 1 or even both sides will come into it.

Would people who attempt to use the race card as a free pass for breaking the law or just generally being a tit, would that also be considered as racial abuse?

P.s

I only read the 1st paragraph of your post

Sponsored Links
I find it a bit sad that Himmy is so unforgiving that he has to make a whole thread about someone calling murderous scum a 'gypo'. It's utterly ridiculous, this need of his to have a go at racism/people at every single opportunity.

They killed a policeman, robbed a family of a loved one and smirked in court. They don't deserve any respect. But hey, we have Himmy the apologist on this forum backing them, aren't we lucky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back