Is the air ban a load of cobblers?

On a slightly different note, how is the government going to re-coupe the revenue on the vast amounts of Jet A1 fuel thats not being burnt?

Wotan[/quote]
Airlines don't pay anywhere near as much tax on their fuel as us poor mortals do for our fuel. If they did flying would become the reserve of the super rich only--and then of course most of us wouldn't give a flying f**k about air saftey.
I like the idea of directors putting their own lives on the line to prove something is safe, but yes it's all about money (as usual!).

Sponsored Links
On a slightly different note, how is the government going to re-coupe the revenue on the vast amounts of Jet A1 fuel thats not being burnt?

Wotan
Airlines don't pay anywhere near as much tax on their fuel as us poor mortals do for our fuel. If they did flying would become the reserve of the super rich only--and then of course most of us wouldn't give a flying f**k about air saftey.
I like the idea of directors putting their own lives on the line to prove something is safe, but yes it's all about money (as usual!).[/quote]

the government are losing far more money in passenger tax.. but as its election time they dont give a monkeys.. and they cannot.. the idiot is smarming more now as nobody can do a thing...

JET A1 is Duty Free, and for non UK Airlines is VAT exempt. UK Airlines are registered so would claim any VAT back.

As this volcano, must have some power to spread enough crap to cover Europe (Didn't know volcanos could sing), Makes you wonder if it's that Mother Natures way of slowing down global warming, as there are no aeroplanes flying, no pollution.

Downside is everybody is going to make a killing selling imported stuff, bonus side is when the oil run's out we know what to expect.

Maybe it will carry on farting and burping until 2012 when the world ends.

That would be cool, but MASSIVE downside is if the world ends there is NO diynot and no tracy barlow.

Sponsored Links
[url=http://www.boeing.com/commercial/aeromagazine/aero_09/volcanic.html]Boeing[/url] said:
...Boeing has always advocated that flight crews avoid volcanic ash clouds or exit them immediately if an encounter occurs...
Flight safety digest... http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/375/fsd_may93_p1-9.pdf

NATS said:
...current restrictions across UK controlled airspace due to the volcanic ash cloud will remain in place until at least 1900 (local time) on Monday 19 April... NATS is maintaining close dialogue with the Met Office and with the UK's safety regulator, the CAA, in respect of the international civil aviation policy we follow in applying restrictions to use of airspace. We are currently awaiting CAA guidance.
We are working closely with Government, airports and airlines, and airframe and aero engine manufacturers to get a better understanding of the effects of the ash cloud and to seek solutions...

Who takes responsibility for operating outside a manufacturer's stated safety envelope ?

--

As this volcano, must have some power to spread enough crap to cover Europe (Didn't know volcanos could sing), Makes you wonder if it's that Mother Natures way of slowing down global warming, as there are no aeroplanes flying, no pollution.

Downside is everybody is going to make a killing selling imported stuff, bonus side is when the oil run's out we know what to expect.

Maybe it will carry on farting and burping until 2012 when the world ends.

That would be cool, but MASSIVE downside is if the world ends there is NO diynot and no tracy barlow.
How ever would we manage :?:

Wotan

important message

all flights have been grounded due to high risks from the volcanic ash cloud.

Air India and Air Pakistans customers should check in as normal.

Skimming twixt devil and deep blue sea...

:D

whats the difference between an iclandic volcano and sheryl cole?

the volcano is still blowing ash

I was out cycling Sunday and was hit on the head by a frozen pizza and a sausage roll. It was fallout from Iceland.

What about aircraft that operate in West Africa during Hamattan? This is the season in Jan/Feb when dense white dust comes down from the Sahara and covers West Africa. I've never heard of this causing a problem, apart from when the vis is too bad to fly.

Some great volcano pictures: http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/04/more_from_eyjafjallajokull.html

I for one wish the ban had gone on longer - we've had four or five days here of the most perfect clear blues skies i've ever seen - drove to work this morning, again not a cloud in the sky but the blue expanse now has white lines criss-crossing all over it. :(

I'm off to build a volcano at the end of the runway at Manchester!

Sponsored Links
Back