Is the pump gone or is it sludge?

The Grunfos is just about the most resistant make to dirt in the system so I would suggest another Grunfos.

You could use a cheap one called Dab but they are quite new to the Uk and we dont have much experience of them. They are the cheap brand of Grunfoss but the two pumps are of different design but they are completely interchangeable.

With dirt in your system I would not recommend a Wilo as they have a plastic bearing. Whilst they are very reliable electrically they wear quickly if there is any dirt.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Ta for all the info everyone - my Farther-in-law is around at the moment and he's keen that we try and flush the system prior to replacing the pump.

He's suggesting that we take the downstairs radiators off and take em outside for a flush (at least there are no carpets downstairs) then try and flush the rest of the system out somehow - see a few threads on this and I think there might even have been something in the FAQ's

is it microbore?

Can you afford a Magnaclean?

JohnD said:
is it microbore?

Can you afford a Magnaclean?

Nah not microbore, just quite old

Good question - probably not is the answer - i'm thinking they are about £100 for a Magnaclean? - not with having to replace the pump and I need to replace my shower as well - it's an Aquadart Hyrdoflow which was a venturi :!: appareantly.

Sponsored Links
might save you having to replace the pump again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back