Is there a Dual fuel combi avaiable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone tell me if these are available?

i've googled but don't find much.

I have a gas Baxi for central heating and also electric heated water, I don't want to be reliant on one fuel.

I will loose the water heater with electric if i go all gas combi.

Is there anything on the market that will allow both?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes, you could fit an in line water heater but the flow rate would be much lower than the combi, Triton used to do one, needs a 30A supply, flow rate about 3 litres per min.

I had some horrid vision of the old ones at the kitchen sink like a shower unit.

Thanks Simon youv'e just made my mind up about swapping systems. but at 3 ltrs a minute i may ahve to wait awhile for a bath :LOL:

Can someone tell me if these are available?

i've googled but don't find much.

I have a gas Baxi for central heating and also electric heated water, I don't want to be reliant on one fuel.

I will loose the water heater with electric if i go all gas combi.

Is there anything on the market that will allow both?

thanks

I'm not sure what you are on about. Information would be useful. Do you want electric backup for DHW only? Do you have a combi? Do you want to switch all your CH/DHW from electric to gas at will?

The latter is done via thermal store/heat bank.

Within the last month there was thread on in-line backup electric water heaters on on combi and where to get them.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back