Is there a plasterboard for outside walls?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I'm currently getting the garden sorted. One of the problems I have is that one of the garden walls is bottom half stone and top half breeze blocks

As you can imagine, the top breeze blocks half is pretty straight, whereas the bottom stone half is sticking out in many areas due to the uneven surface.

Now I want to render the whole wall, so are there any plasterboards that I can buy which can be used outside and are fine for all types of weather?

If you had to render the whole wall, how would you do it?

Sponsored Links
I think you can get something called cement board, not sure how expensive it is but you can render it outside. Or just use loads of backing render.

Render the blockwork and leave the stone exposed if its in decent condition.

Sponsored Links
The stone wall is in pretty bad condition to be honest, hence my reason to cover it up.

I'm just looking for a cheap solution and waa hoping there might be a special plasterboard for outside walls.

Plasterboard in it's nature is designed for internal use
If you want to skim outside you can use insulation and mesh thenrender over
Or use traditional sand and cement render

Last edited:
That's much appreciated guys. So in that case, it'll have to be a mesh.

Thanks again

My apologies john I most certainly did miss your post. My goodness the plasterboard is way too expensive, because I'd need around 40 square metres of plasterboard to cover it and that would be a whopping cost of approx £700. I'll still need to render over the plasterboard too.

No worries! Yes I haven't looked into it in detail so that might not be the cheapest type but it does exist all the same!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back