1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there any way we can replace this toilet fitting

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by hztm2008, 5 Feb 2021.

1. hztm2008

hztm2008

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello, please could I ask any plumbers out there for some advice. I want to change the toilet in our downstairs cloakroom to a new close coupled one (looking at Burlington). The problem is we have a pipe coming in to the side of the existing pan connector. This runs around the wall to the sink and through the wall to a utility room to pick up the washing machine waste and the heating condensate. A local plumber has told us that we would have to keep the big lump at the back of the toilet because there are no other fittings that would take the waste pipe and this means that the new toilet would sit too far out for the cistern to sit flush against the back wall. Is there no way we can change this to a more modern fitting that would allow the toilet to sit back on the wall whilst still providing a connection for the other pipe in the side. IMG_0835.JPG IMG_0838.JPG IMG_0847.JPG IMG_0851.JPG Thanks for your help.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. RayCaister

RayCaister

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. hztm2008

hztm2008

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  5. Laurieo

Laurieo

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    What about a short Boss pipe fitting or a soil pipe manifold screwfix 40832.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. lostinthelight

lostinthelight

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Easy enough to construct a spacer between back of cistern and wall

7. Nige F

Nige F

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I don't know how much a Burlington is £. Last Burlington I saw was a high level cast iron cistern:mrgreen: But for a straightforward cloakroom WC - look at wickes " bog in a box" - Portland - cheap - and really effective flush(y) .... £47 including seat .

Last edited: 5 Feb 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ETAF

ETAF

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    have you got a photo of the pipework in the other room, perhaps you can go higher, depending on the layout there.
    I had a wickes Cistern, and was not happy at all with the quality - parts also missing, so took that back and went for cistern from screwfix
    https://www.screwfix.com/p/thomas-d...tom-entry-dual-flush-lever-cistern-9ltr/8836f also wanted a 6/9L option as it was a 9L we had to change, but worked fine on 6L anyway
    As wife did NOT want a pushbutton version, downside is this unit does not have an easy to change discharge valve
    I boxed in lowlevel with a vanity unit i made and so hidden , but works really well, much better than other toilets we have which replaced in 2019 and had comfort height hidden low-level push button cisterns
    Now the cloak room is all finished, i should have probably spent more time looking for an easy cistern with a dropvalve that could be changed with a 1/4-1/2 turn

Also I had issues with connecting up the Waste and best way to do this, in the END i had a waste pipe that could be cut to size and still sealed avoiding the flexible versions as much as possible - lots of great advice and help from an online plumbing company, made the whole process much easier, and we also had a faulty radiator valve connector set, which was replaced and arrived the next day!!! - jtmplumbing.co.uk
    Very good pricing , and a lot of good advice on different plumbing parts available to solve my space issues.

We had a burlington Sink and taps , and a rimless toilet pan
    Didn't bother with the cistern as it seemed just so expensive.
    We also had the towel rail that fixed to the sink, BUT that did not work out , because of the confined space

9. Sponsored Links