Toilet doesn't fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're recently changed our bathroom and had it tiled. The bath is in and works, and I've pulled out all the other stuff. The tiler came on Friday and did the floor, and plans to return next week to do two of the walls.

Today we tried putting the toilet in the room to see how it fits and ran into a couple of problems. Firstly, the old toilet was fed from the left (when sitting on the toilet) and the overflow was on the right. It was also an old design which did not fit flush to the wall.

The new toilet is designed to sit right up against the wall. This means that there is a large square opening through which the waste pipe can enter and the cistern sits on the toilet and is not connected to the wall. When put in place we realised the newly tiled floor raises the level of the toilet and the large metal waste pipe now clips the bottom of the opening.

In addition to this the feed pipe needs to be moved to the other side. As I can't put it under the floor without taking up the tiles again I intend to bury it in the wall. This I am happy with, but the waste pipe is a problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions. At the moment we're thinking either we need to somehow remove about half and cm of the toilet at the bottom of the opening to allow the waste pipe to clear it (no idea how. is there a tool?) OR buy a new toilet which does not have this problem OR leave the toilet sitting about an inch from the wall.

Any thoughts. Help most welcome. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If I follow, you just need a pan connector which has an offset. No problem, up to 40mm. Downhill is OK!!

mk04_s.jpg

Sponsored Links
You need to cut the pipe flush to the wall and use a flexible extending pan connector!!

It is normally prudent to check the layout before tiling!!

it's either a few well placed drill holes and a small chisel... lots of crossed fingers and no guarantee...

or get an angle grinder with a diamond blade..

or.. make a box section to stand the toilet off the wall and use that to hide the feed pipe also.. 4x2 tiled with a tile top.. nice little shelf for nick nacks..

usually a long flexi from the cistern goes through a hole through the top and on the outside were your arrow points, if im correct, so assemble the flexi or what ever pipe your using on the cistern first then feed on to the pan. but as for using a flexi pan connector it wont work, the only way is to higher the outlet or wot coljack has stated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back