Is there anyone out there that can recommend a AS/GSHP supplier.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
.....or more importantly installer that will set up correctly!
I'm satisfied that my refurb/extension is upto working well with one of these systems- but getting different advice/options from different 'salesmen'..... I just want someone with a good working system to recommend me an installer/company/brand to use. So many different opinions.... one more can't hurt haha.

Stansted area.... many thanks.

Dean

Sponsored Links
First thing to do is decide between air source or ground source.
My brother has ground source and the land available for any size of ground collector so it was an easy choice for him.
His hot water is from a heat pump cylinder which uses the ufh circuit as the collector. Which I think was tapped into his ground floor array.

Last edited:
First thing to do is decide between air source or ground source.
My brother has ground source and the land available for any size of ground collector so it was an easy choice for him.
His hot water is from a heat pump cylinder which uses the ufh circuit as the collector. Which I think was tapped into his ground floor array.

I was initially looking at ASHP, of which the RHI would pay me approx £6700 towards the £8-9k install....I had written off GS due to the install cost. But the RHI calculator suggests payment of £19000 over 7 years which puts GSHP back on the table....bore hole system.

You should google as/gshp installers in your area, then locate their past customers and pay a few of the customers a visit.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
My bit of advice be vary wary of the estimated RHI payments. Also have you costed the inevitable upsizing of your radiators. 8-9k for a retrofit is going to be on the lower end of the budget.

My bit of advice be vary wary of the estimated RHI payments. Also have you costed the inevitable upsizing of your radiators. 8-9k for a retrofit is going to be on the lower end of the budget.

It's a complete renovation - all new dads and mainly UF heating to be installed.

RHI is headache- renewable energy doesn't exactly get pushed very well or advertised at all.

Your MCS registered installer should give you all the paperwork required apart from your EPC for you to claim your RHI on the Ofgem site.
I have email addresses of previous customers installations that I have their permission to forward on to prospective clients. Nothing better than personal references.

Your MCS registered installer should give you all the paperwork required apart from your EPC for you to claim your RHI on the Ofgem site.
I have email addresses of previous customers installations that I have their permission to forward on to prospective clients. Nothing better than personal references.

Most MCS ex-used car salesmen companies are going belly up around here!!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back