Is this a fair price?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just had a quote for replacing an old back boiler with a condensing boiler. The back boiler is situated in the room immediately above where we propose to put the new boiler. No rad changes or anything else required - so is the following a fair quote?

"Installation work @ £1900.00 net

plus:

Vaillent 831 ecoTEC £801.67 net
Flue System Vertical
3m rise then horizontal to outside: £82.00 net
or
Alpha CDHE Combi 28kW £743.82 net
Flue System Vertical
Price available on application"

Are those boilers the best available in that price range?

I'm in the north of England (if it still makes a difference!).

Let me know what you think.
Cheers!

Sponsored Links
It's impossible to comment unless we have seen the job.

At this point I usually ask how much you will charge to landscape part of my garden, it is about an acre and is covered in grass. I would like a water feature and a rockery. I have been quoted £8000, is this a fair price?

We would fit the Vaillant, if it appeared suitable for the customer requirements.

It's impossible to comment unless we have seen the job.

At this point I usually ask how much you will charge to landscape part of my garden, it is about an acre and is covered in grass. I would like a water feature and a rockery. I have been quoted £8000, is this a fair price?

We would fit the Vaillant, if it appeared suitable for the customer requirements.

LOL fair enough, how longs a piece of string and all that!

What kinds of things influence the cost of swapping a boiler over such as this? I might be able to explain enough to get a rule of thumb...

...oh and I suppose the prices of the boilers are pretty easy to compare with the "going rate" - how do they look?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Sponsored Links
A couple of things I didn't mention, he says it's a pretty standard job and would take 2 days max. He'll flush the system first and site the boiler on an external wall about 2 metres away from the existing back boiler (with easy access and no pre-existing cupboard or anything if that makes any difference at all).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back