is this a faulty fitting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello gents if anyone can offer their advice on this it would be appreciated.

I removed my cold water feed isolation tap so that I could fit a new angled one, shown here:

The tap leaks whenever the shower is run or the toilet is flushed, no more than 10 - 40ml. I connected it with some ptfe tape and it's screwed tight. It doesn't leak from the pipe join, it leaks from where the water would flow if the blue tap was open. However the blue tap is closed as I haven't got the machine connected yet.

At the moment I've put a brass blanking nut over it to sure, but is the part faulty? Why does it only leak when the shower is used for example? Pressure? I've turned the stop tap a quarter turn more closed but no difference.

My main concern is when the washing machine is connected the tap will weep and pressure will build eventually causing a leak.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Ha right you are. Will try a different pegler valve tomorrow. Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back