Is this a good quote for new windows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I'm sure this question is asked a lot, but I would like to know if I have a reasonable quote for new windows.

It is a total of seven windows
2 x 2000mm by 1400mm with two casement windows, one none opening
3 x 1400mm by 1000mm with one casement, one none opening
2 x 2000mm by 1000mm with two casement windows, one none opening

Their very best quote, with installation in December is £6100

The company is KM Windows Ltd based in Swindon

Does anyone have any experience with this company, or know if this is a good quote?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Edit: Corrected size of windows (from 14m to 1.4m) Thanks @Gazman16

Sponsored Links
3 of them are 14m long? :eek:

I assume you meant 1400mm?

If so that quote seems a bit high to me. Get a few more quotes from local company's, At least 3 in total. I would stay away from the big national company's, Try to get some recommendations from friends/family/neighbors, Facebook can be good for this.

@Gazman16 Thanks for pointing out my little mistake!

I've never heard of this company before, apparently they don't advertise and get all their work from word-of-mouth. And they use their own guys.

I am certainly looking to get a few more quotes, starting with Yate Windows, as they done my parents windows about 14 years ago!!

Sponsored Links
Roganty, if you message me your contact details, I'd be happy help. Like KM Windows we supply and install Rehau, trust me 6k is way off the mark!!
As Gaz said avoid the nationals, stay local but do your homework on the standard of work, product, guarantees etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back