Is this a looped supply?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of having an electric car charge point installed and having looked in my meter box I am unsure if what I have is a looped supply. I think it is a single cable which is split, but could it be two cables in a single sheath?

Is there a date after which looped supplies were no longer allowed? My house was built in 2017.

Attachments

• 20210815_143805.jpg
    20210815_143805.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 398
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
My house was built in 2017.

Pretty sure by 2017 it wasn't standard practice, even not being adopted where IMHO it made sense (rare put there are some*)

*A flat above a commericial premises, one supply originally, needed to be split onto own supply with separate MPAN for upstairs flat, got the circuits separated out onto separate boards, DNO all booked by someone else in the office, thought they would just loop a second cutout off the one next to it, afterall it had all been on one supply for god knows how many decades, but no, they actually dug the pavement up outside with all the associated fences and signs and disruption that entailed and brought another servcie cable into the building, queried it with them and was told looped supplies were not allowed to be installed any more. Think that was probably 2017ish. Sometimes I think there needs to be a bit of flexability in these things

Sponsored Links
2017 I doubt it's looped, but of course you could be the second and not the first.
As an example this is the second of a looped supply feeding 2 flats in what was a shop, the other meter box feeds the original flat over the shop.
2-flats-one-feed-jpg.239889

Edit: and there are 3 car charging points on the building

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back