Is this an auto bypass valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Awoke to wet feet in bed last night! Water coming from this (photo attached)
it has a glass pressure tube attached.

I have rigged up a funnel and hose below so there is no more damage to ceiling but I would like to know what it is before I call a plumber.

Also we had a solar panel heating system put in late last year and I wondered if this part would have been replumbed as part of that.

Any help appreciated

thanks

Sponsored Links
It is an auto bypass valve and I've seen loads with broken glass. Simply replace it with a new valve and get your man to set the valve up to suit your system.

Honeywell sell a service kit for these valves, that includes all the seals and a new indicator tube - which would cost less than a new valve ;)

Sponsored Links
Honeywell sell a service kit for these valves, that includes all the seals and a new indicator tube - which would cost less than a new valve ;)

Excellent. Thank you very much. I have found the part no. for the service kit.

It is DU146-AHA

regards

Your valve looks pretty gunged and would need stripping and cleaning as well as a refurb to get it to work accurately. Good luck with that. The glass was their weakness.

GUNGED???

I Know that you have a wealth of experience 45 years But have you REALLY got X-RAY VISION as well :eek:

How can you tell if the valve is "gunged" just from looking at the outside?? :rolleyes:

Seriously the service kit will do it, and the valve can be washed if if it is gunged??? hmmm :confused:

GUNGED???

I Know that you have a wealth of experience 45 years But have you REALLY got X-RAY VISION as well :eek:

How can you tell if the valve is "gunged" just from looking at the outside?? :rolleyes:

Seriously the service kit will do it, and the valve can be washed if if it is gunged??? hmmm :confused:

Hi. I'm not doing the work myself so i figured the extra money i spent on buying a new valve i would save on labour time to fit and service the valve

Regards

Take a look at the spring area and you will see that it's very contaminated and IMO the rest of the valve will be so. Personal choice I guess as to how we either replace or clean and refurb these valves. They are fairly inexpensive so whichever way you think is best. BM2, I won't roll my eyes at you cause it may impair my X ray ability :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back