Is this an electric Citroen?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1657322002407.png

Sponsored Links
...although I suspect that setup is capable of producing more power than this electric Citroen! ;)

It looks good, but does not say what hills it will climb, that would be a limiting factor, 25% common around here, the 46.6 mile range would get me to hospital, but not return, and where can you recharge it? At 10 it shows the charging plug, a British 13 amp. But only sold in France?

I can't ride my e-bike out of the house, drive too steep. I have to use the walk assist to pull me up to the road, and when I did try to ride from Shrewsbury home, ran out of battery with 9 miles still to go, although Google Maps on cycling route did take me on a bit of a round about route, including tracks with no tarmac. That was with a 12 Ah 48 volt battery, which I could remove and take it into the pub to charge it. Also I was assisting by peddling.

The battery ran out just as I crossed the railway, no gradual reduction in power, three LED's to show state of charge, so when on last LED still a fair few miles left, so no real warning about to switch off, and it did switch on again after cycling manually for around a mile, to take me last mile into Welshpool, OK when you have pedals, so so good with only electric.

I was surprised how easy the e-bike is to pedal without motor assist, I remember having a Honda P50 moped as a teenager and you could disengage the motor and pedal, but the gearing was such that 3-4 MPH was about the limit, the e-bike is clearly designed for 16 MPH, and again gearing such that over that speed you simply can't pedal fast enough.

But the Golfa hill out of Welshpool for last 8 miles home, is about 1.5 miles which with electric assistance I can do, but without that's a 1.5 mile walk, and although the train can carry bikes, only with the carriage adapted for wheel chairs, the way the carriages have a veranda each end means a 90° bend, and even my folding e-bike will not go into the carriage. Also since Colvid the trains have not been running a regular service to Welshpool, but often only go half way to Castle Caereinion, they have also ran Welshpool to Sylfaen which would be OK, as it by-passes the Golfa, but one can bet when you want the train, its not running.

I have noted the charge points at Llanfair Caereinion are getting used more, even seen a motorbike on charge, good for railway, but not so good for EV users, more and more see both charge points in use, and next one is not 24/7 being inside a caravan site, and 1/3 of the charge rate, and in the main people tend to charge their EV's for an hour, so not really like waiting in a petrol station to get onto the pumps.

Each Ami will be delivered with a standard European two-pin plug and a type 2 adaptor enabling it to be charged at all UK public charging points. Please note: electric vehicles sold in the United Kingdom are required to have the ability to charge via a type 2 charging cable, and our approved Type 2 charger is only compatible with a European two-pin plug
But at least 5.5 kWh battery should not take long to charge. It says "Citroën Ami is new to the UK" so it seems it is allowed here as an electric light quadricycle, it is not classed as a car, I thought the European two-pin socket (schuko) is not permitted in the UK
BS 7671:2008 said:
553.2.1 Except for a SELV or a Class II circuit. a cable coupler shall comply where appropriate with BS 196. BS 6991. BS 61535, BS EN 60309-2 or BS EN 60320, shall be non-reversible and shall have provision for the connection of a protective conductor.
so seems to be a problem.

However as a second car I would consider one, ideal for the 8 miles to Welshpool, although I think other road users may not think so if stuck behind me?

If I could justify one, that would work as a second car for me, for purely local working - except with such good public services, I could never justify one. Bus and proper car works generally fine for me, remove the buses and it certainly would be a worthwhile option.

Sponsored Links
This is the problem, bus and train when running don't get me to Welshpool until 11 am, and return latest around 5 pm so onwards from welshpool just a 6 hour slot.

This is the problem, bus and train when running don't get me to Welshpool until 11 am, and return latest around 5 pm so onwards from welshpool just a 6 hour slot.

You need a Citroen :cool:

Years ago I bought an LED torch on route through Welshpool at Lidl, I still have it, still working fine.

Years ago I bought an LED torch on route through Welshpool at Lidl, I still have it, still working fine.
I wish, Lidi was refused planning permission to open a store in Welshpool, as it was said already too many stores, then Sainsbury's closed down within weeks of planning being refused, need to go to Newtown to get a Lidi.

I wish, Lidi was refused planning permission to open a store in Welshpool, as it was said already too many stores, then Sainsbury's closed down within weeks of planning being refused, need to go to Newtown to get a Lidi.

It must have been Aldi then where I got the torch, I just remember a few roundabouts.

It's butt-ugly, but I think they're on the right lines. Basically an e-bike that:

(a) keeps the rain off;
(b) can carry more than you can fit in a saddle bag (just!) and
(c) which you don't have to pedal.

As a second car, I'd probably have one, but as someone who has never paid more than a £grand for a car, I'll just need to wait until they get down to "shed" money. I can't justify spending a lot on one.

As a second car, I'd probably have one, but as someone who has never paid more than a £grand for a car, I'll just need to wait until they get down to "shed" money. I can't justify spending a lot on one.

I can foresee them rapidly falling to shed money. https://www.buyacar.co.uk/cars/econ...troen-ami-18-per-month-43-mile-electric-range suggests paying £18 per month, with a £3,150 deposit which I guess is rental. It doesn't say whether that includes tax and insurance.

The perfect use for them, is short term rental, in cities, out to suburbs, instead of a taxi. Maybe charging (money) for all the time they are off (electric) charge - hence an incentive to ensure when you have finished with one, you do put it back on charge. Maybe a small (money) charge whilst the are parked out in the suburbs, as an incentive to return them to the city centre.

Sponsored Links
Back