Is this an Isolator ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to be changing the noisy Ball cock V/V in my CWST for a more silent flowmaster type fill V/V. I had my head up in the tight loft space just to give the job a coat of looking at before I give it a go. I know this sounds a bit obvious, but the picture shows a fitting on the mains supply just before the tank connection to the old V/V I'm going to replace, and Just want somebody to confirm what it is. I know it looks like an Isolator, but I've never seen one like this before. It looks a bit more substantial than your run of the mill isolator V/V. I don't want to try turning the screw on top just yet incase I get the dreaded dribble of water start coming out of the top before I'm ready to do the job.. Is it just an old type of isolator or some other type of fitting ????????

Attachments

• 20190228_141053.jpg
    20190228_141053.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 89
Sponsored Links
It's a heavy duty Ballofix isolator, they're actually very good and on the more modern types at least the screw will only turn a 1/4 turn and will not go round and round.

Thanks Mogget.
Now I know. I'll a spare on hand when I do the job Just in case. That ones been there 25 years

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back