Is this asbestos damaged/dangerous?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a double length garage with corrugated cement asbestos. The roof has several leaks all over the garage. I seem to be getting alot of cracks in the roof but am not sure if they are big enough to call a crack or whether they are normal wear and tear and are still perfectly safe.

Have uploaded some photos, hopefully you can see what i mean!

//www.diynot.com/network/n33712/albums/1818

Cheers for any advice!

Sponsored Links
It looks like Chrysotile, which is Asbestos cement, and its fekked.

From what you said could it be dangerous to spend any length of time in the garage?
Am thinking of getting the roof replaced which is obviously expensive and want to make sure that it is required before spending lots of money that i could use elsewhere at the moment!

Cheers for your reply!

Sponsored Links
Thanks again

What i am really worried about is where the large leaks are they are soaking the Asbestos cement, also cracks are in this area. Next summer when it gets hot.....and it does get damn hot in my garage will that cause the asbestos cement to crumble, thus causing it to be more dangerous!

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back