Is this bath waste ok, or is there a better one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have the bath out on a rental property and want to make it as leak proof as possible.
20231230_184220.jpg

Is there a more leak proof waste than this?
It looks like it has a joint at the bottom which is not necessary?
I'm thinking the least joints the better.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It’s not a joint, it’s a ridding point, common on a lot of traps.

Thanks, is there a more leak proof option, or is this the best I can get?

Actually I am not meaning the trap part, but the plug-hole part, which has a large nut at the bottom.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
You can get ones with a stem screw that tightens everything up, but over tightening can break them. McAlpine are reputable brand, we use Embrass/Peerless which are ok, but cheap.

The banjo type waste fitting that you have are the worst design in my opinion. Too many joints/ seals/ components for my liking.

Thanks for all your help, it turns out that the flexible hose that goes from the overflow to plug has split.

I am only going to be using this for showers, so an thinking that I can get rid of the overflow part anyway?
It looks very flimsy.

Alternatively I have seen a mc alpine top access bath trap that looks a better idea.
Has anyone got any experience of these please?

That particular trap will cause you no end of issues as it doesn't have a waste pipe attached.
Be very leaky if you leave it like that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back