Is this boiler any good??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, this is my first post so please be gentle! ;)

I'm in the process of getting some quotes for a replacement boiler for my Ariston that has all-but packed up recently! (expansion vessell and divertor valve have gone!)
I've had a couple of people tell me that the Baxi Duo-tec is the way to go but a friend of mine has recommended a Ferroli Optimax with a 5yr warranty (he says its a 30kwh but I can only find a 31kwh on the Ferroli website so I'm assuming its that one)

Can anyone tell me if this is a decent boiler on not for my needs?? (I have 2 large rads downstairs and 3 small ones and then 3 standard bedroom rads upstairs along with one of those towel-rail rads in the bathroom and my upstairs shower runs straight from the combi)

Thanks for any feedback guys, I'm a complete novice at this!

Cheers,

SteveP

Sponsored Links
duo tec good boiler and it comes as a platinum with a 5 year warranty too if u choose.simple to work on and plenty out there

ferroli is an aluminium HE, Duo Tec stainless steel.

Ferroli is ok for a budget boiler with a long warranty.

Thanks for the replies!

Any idea if a 30/31kwh boiler will be OK for my needs??

Cheers,

SteveP

Sponsored Links
This size boiler will more than cope with your heating needs.

You size combi's for HW usage rather than heating output.

30/31KW will give good showers and adequate baths as long as you have at least 12 l/min flow trhough it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back