Is this correct about powerflushing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a plumber in and asked what he would do in the poweflush. He said he would do the powerflush of the system, then separate the radiator system and do that and then do separately the boiler (by connecting it to the flow and retun connections under the boiler.)

I was just wondering when he does the boiler power flushing (i have combi boiler, sealed system). Won't this wreck the pump inside the boiler?

I mean won't it damage the seals and valves in the pump of the boiler with the flow of the power flusher machine? Also surely when he does it in reverse mode the boiler won't allow the water to go the other way?

Sponsored Links
Power flushing needs considerable skill to do it properly.

Boilers can be power flushed but not everyone does it properly.

It would be quite difficult to damage the boiler but if he did then thats his responsibility!

It would have been more informative if you had asked him what chemicals he would use and how long it would take.

Tony

so you are saying the power flusher machine can be put into reverse mode with the boiler connected and it won't harm the pump?

he said i should put hyperflush in it for a week, before he does the powerflush is that better than puttin ds40?

Sponsored Links
its absolutely fine to reverse flush boilers. I did one tuesday, all good

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back