Is this dangerous? - Cables in my hot water tank area?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Im looking around the cupboard where my hot water tank is and have found some dodgy looking cables joined together. They are in an awkward location out of sight. Two cables go into a 'connector' from somewhere downstairs (boiler / CU ?) and one cable looks as if it goes into a control type box connected to the timer control panel. (forgive my description).

Another cable that goes into another connector with black tape - I dont know where this comes from or goes to. Does it look safe.

My main worry is the cables hanging next to a metal pipe with a stop cock (not sure what this is)

More pics available

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Ive been here for ten years but I'll be honest I was more worried sticking my arm in taking these photo's!

Any suggestions what my options are?

Long term I will be replacing my central heating system but not for about another year (max)

Sponsored Links
Check polarity and correct if necessary(if not necessary ID cables correctly), sleeve earth CPC, clip cables so not dangling or under stress, enclose connection in choc box.

While the regs say that "live conductors must only be accessible by means of a tool", I don't think that the person who wraps a chocblock in insulating tape was the tool that they had in mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back