Is this DMP process correct & what size celotex is neede

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have read a few posts where people have been able to calculate the the thickness of the celotex required to ensure there is adequate insulation. My rough area is 3m wide x 6m long x 2.3m high. Its just that I would like to try and keep the base height to a reasonable minimum due to door clearance. I can just see foam on the B&Q website and no sign of celotex, which people seem to be opting for. Should they stock this in store? Also is there a specific distance that needs to be left between the insulation and the wall/floor? I have listed what I think is a rough plan below.

My walls method.

Paint walls and battens with breathable waterproofing guard, line back of battens with damp proofing membrane and screw to walls, celotex spaces, gaffer tape in, Sheeted 1200 gauge membrane, plasterboard, plasterboard tape & skim.

My floor method.

Paint floor and battens with breathable waterproofing guard, line back of battens with damp proofing membrane, celotex spaces, gaffer tape, Sheets of 1200 gauge membrane, plywood, laminate flooring underlay, laminate flooring.

My roof method.

Plasterboard to beams, on top 200mm thick plastic loft insulation, breathable membrane over the top.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back