Is this legal under part P?

Have I got this right - thanks to part P a (user extended) trailing mains extension lead under carpets is preferable to having a fixed in place, out of harms way extension plugged into a socket to provide more sockets ?

A quick fix is preferable to trying to make something safer?

Sponsored Links
This is the problem with Part P.

Btw the way the installation is in a bathroom.

I have just refused to do a job because they wanted me to setup a computer, the 4 way extension they gave me was extended by using insulation tape and was highly highly dangerious, I would imagine if it worked the connections would be loose causing a high amount of resistance yet alone an electrocution risk.

I took great car to ensure ever single connection is tight so there is should be no high resistance connections.

It was over a year ago I did this work too.

Mains sockets, TV, extension leads in a bathroom?

Surely thats not allowed, I thought only shaver sockets were allowed in bathrooms?

Does not sound very safe to have electrics like that in the bathroom....

Mains sockets, TV, extension leads in a bathroom?

Surely thats not allowed, I thought only shaver sockets were allowed in bathrooms?

Does not sound very safe to have electrics like that in the bathroom....

13A sockets are allowed in a bathroom under certain circumstances.

Sponsored Links
haha

Sorry I meant bedroom :) its in my sisters bedroom.

There is no electricity any where near the bathroom other than the light.

Just been painting the bathroom all day so its on the top of my mind :).

I think if there was a TV int he bathroom we might all be a bit dead by now.

I don't really see any need for sockets in the bathroom anyway.

what a very strange person. How tight did you do the connections? i think you may have over tightened them and cut soe of the copper strands away.

1) Is what he has done reasonably safe? If so, then it complies with P1.

2) Is what he has done notifiable? No, because it's not in a kitchen or a special location.

There is no "problem with Part P" here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back