Is this my filling loop?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need to drain my system after running cleaning fluid into the system a few weeks ago.

I have a Greenstar 24i boiler that has no filling loop, so I need to find where the mains water is getting into the system. Looking at the picture that I've attached appears to be the filling loop. Do I simply use this to refill the system once drained?

Secondly it appears I have no drain off cock anywhere... So I'm thinking to take off a radiator at the lowest point and hook up a hose to one of the valves and drain there or is there a better method?

Many thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_20190206_075505.jpg
    IMG_20190206_075505.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 188
Sponsored Links
Hi, I need to drain my system after running cleaning fluid into the system a few weeks ago.

I have a Greenstar 24i boiler that has no filling loop, so I need to find where the mains water is getting into the system. Looking at the picture that I've attached appears to be the filling loop. Do I simply use this to refill the system once drained?

Secondly it appears I have no drain off cock anywhere... So I'm thinking to take off a radiator at the lowest point and hook up a hose to one of the valves and drain there or is there a better method?

Many thanks!!
Sounds ok,,why don't you fit drain off valve while you are on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back