Is this quote for an extra UFH manifold right?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm having a kitchen extension built and getting UFH installed - the quote for that is £2900, which sounds about right to me. Eventually, I plan to install UFH in the rest of the house myself, so I've asked for a quote for putting a four port manifold on the first floor too as part of the job - this has been quoted at £1200.

Does that sound about right? From what I can tell, a four-port manifold is around £200-300. I figure with a day's labor and all the extra parts, it should cost around £800-900 max.

Is there something I'm missing? Does the guy not want to install the second manifold?

Cheers
Auric

Sponsored Links
Fewer unknowns with first job, doesn't know what the problems might be fitting to existing part of the house, so he is building in a little more for the potential hassle. If you think you are being ripped off re tender the whole job.

Blup

Thanks, Blup. It should be fairly straightforward - a straight run from the boiler to the other side of the house (around 5m), up the wall to the 1st floor, and the manifold installed right there. The floorboards are all loose/up already so easy access. Happy to pay if that's what it costs, just don't want to overpay.

Cheers!
Auric

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back