Is this right? - Base Unit - [Something?] - Undermount Sink - Quartz Worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got fitters coming on Monday to fit quartz worktops on our kitchen. I've done the rest of the kitchen installation, but I'm just having a thought about the sink...

We are having a large undermount sink about 70cm wide. I templated this on top of the 80cm wide base unit it will sit in and cut out a hole. The left the lips of the undermount sink resting on the top of the base unit.

These lips were 2mm or so proud of the rest of the base unit, so I have routed out a 2mm channel and now the sink lips sit flush with the rest of the unit. I was going to varnish (or maybe waterproof PVA?) the bare wood on the base unit, but I'm wondering if I also need to glue the sink itself into position.

Is that normal?

I'm guessing not... But would appreciate confirmation.

I certainly don't want to glue the sink down, preventing the fitters attaching it to the underside of the worktop, before lifting the worktop into position. Not quite the order these things are done.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
You need to remove enough of the top edge to allow positioning the sink as the top goes on first then sink is offered up after and glued in position ( support from below).

I use foil tape over exposed areas as its steam and water proof and it’s easy to see if you have covered correctly .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back