Worktop to sink joining problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After buying worktops we left sink where it was as didn't want to mess with it i.e. sitting on top of a 500mm double door unit where it has always been we just replaced the worktops which sit next to the sink. Not one of these newer sit inside the worktop ones if you know what i mean.
Problem is the worktop is thicker than the old one so sits about 1 cm higher than than the sink. Sink edge is 3cm think worktop edge is 4cm i need a way of joining the two so they don't look stupid.

I can't move the sink up as it would leave a gap between doors and edge of sink and pipe problems.
I can't move worktop down as it sits on the very edge of the base unit under sink. Is there some sort of joiner i could use to slope it down maybe?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Bit of a nightmare to make good, this one - its a shame you didn't use the thinner worktop and I'd be inclined to move the sink up a little, but like you say there are pipework and drainage issues - which wouldn't be too bad to overcome. However, if you look for worktop edging strips (we call them 'salmonella strips') you could have at least a visible aluminium upstand at the edge of the sink.....careful use of clear silicone could keep things wholesome, too.

thanks for that we have got some edging strips which we will use like your idea if we can't do something about shifting the sink a little.
Didn't even think about the sink when we got the worktop assumed they'd be same thickness. Will get something sorted.

Sponsored Links
You said what type of sink you don't have but not the type of sink you do have?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back