is this roof essentially okay?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
property built mid-late 60's. these things were marked as '2' on the home report i.e. 'repairs or replacement requiring future attention, but estimates are still advised.' if you don't know, '1' on home reports is best, '3' is worst.

- some localised dampness and damage to sarking materials within the roof space (sorry don't have pics of inside.)
- some cracking to chimney head render and some weathering to flashings.
- roof coverings are of some age with some chipped and eroded tiles and a missing tile (I couldn't see a missing tile.)
- some wasp bykes within the roof space, necessary treatments undertaken.
- there is corrosion, staining and some localised vegetation to rainwater fittings (I couldn't really see anything albeit from ground level.)

sorry for camera phone pics (all I had) and some restricted views, I appreciate some remedial works to roof will be required but I'd like an indication if, based on the following, the roof appears to be essentially sound?

thoughts/advice welcome :)

Sponsored Links
I've seen a lot worse. Outwardly that looks ok. A '2' in the assessment is a bit of an a**e covering exercise.

I've seen a lot worse. Outwardly that looks ok. A '2' in the assessment is a bit of an a**e covering exercise.

thanks, got a roofer coming with me second viewing to check outside/inside just to make sure no major hidden nasties!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back