Is this suitable for the shower tray please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A plumber recommended this make and I think I have the correct tube but it doesn’t state “shower proof”. Can you please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• iOS Image - 1567485634.jpg
    iOS Image - 1567485634.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 154
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I find the profiling kit very effective. I went through a fair few wet wipes and still need to get the right amount of sealant as I find I apply too much most of the times.

I spent a couple of hours to remove the old sealant. Once it was completely removed, cleaned and dried, I applied the new sealant.

Q. How long does this sealant take to dry? I.e. when can I start using the shower

Thanks guys.
I was wondering, are there any tips to preserve the grout and avoid mould growth again? Clearly, with it being a shower its typically going to be wet (during and after a shower).

Or, is it just expected that we should re-grout ever 2-3 years?

What Geocel advised me was, that the soaps we use these days have animal fats in them, so it’s a breeding ground for mould. Just to rinse and wipe any residue of the soap.

But...isn’t that entirely unrealistic and impractical? Do people really clean and dry after each shower? Usually it’s a case of showering and then rushing off to work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back